We will get through this, we will get through this with wine.
Anything is possible with wine.
Sometimes I write “Drink Wine” on my to-do list so I can feel I accomplished something.
I’m afraid if I give up wine, I’ll have to replace it with murder.
Will work for wine.
Please give me coffee to change the things I can change and wine to accept the things I can’t.
I’ve always loved to cook and, of course, have done a lot of cooking with wine. (would love to get that cookbook finished) Right now though with the stay at home rule, I’ve taken cooking to new lengths. I’ve been trying new things, and creating recipes. It’s been fun!
Here’s one of my newest recipes for cooking with wine. It was a big hit!
Spinach Lasagna Supreme
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage, crumbled
- ½ pound of bacon, cut slices into one-inch pieces
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small pieces (the size of the mushroom slice)
- ½ pound ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 T. parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mixed shredded Italian cheeses (Romano, Asiago, Mozzarella, Parmesan, & Provolone)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 9 Precooked Lasagna sheets
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 2 T. Basil
- 2 T. Oregano
- 2 t. Garlic Granules
- 1 t. sea salt (can be omitted for low sodium diet)
- 1 t. coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the sweet Italian sausage, mushrooms, and onions in a skillet, until meat is cooked and mushrooms and onions are tender. Drain. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine, basil, oregano, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat eggs in a large bowl; add ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, and eggs. Mix well.
- Mix together the remaining shredded cheeses in another large bowl.
- Place ½ of the lasagna sheets in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread ½ of the ricotta cheese mixture, then ½ of the spinach, next the ½ of the meat mixture, followed by ½ of the shredded cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
My doctor says I need glasses.
You say wine snob like it’s a bad thing.
Wine is how classy people get trashed.
Good friends, good wine, good life
A good wine is a terrible thing to waste.
It’s all fun and games until the wine runs out!
I vow to drink more wine so that I can do something crafty with the wine corks.
Let’s drink good wine and make bad choices.
They drink wine every day and lived happily ever after.
Conserve water, drink wine.
I will drink no wine until it’s in my glass.